FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
Unit number and title
Unit 1: Principles of Person-Centred Approaches for Pharmacy Technicians
Effective communication handbook
Hand out date
Hand in deadline
04/05/2021 – 11:59pm
Health and Safety Workbook
Vocational Scenario or Contex
As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, an important aspect of your practice will involve you interacting with colleagues, patients and multi-agency professionals. You will need to reflect skills associated with effective communication, person-centred approaches and safeguarding in pharmacy services.
Your line manager has asked you to produce three resources that will be used during CPD, principally for the Registered Pharmacy Technicians, to support this important aspect of modern pharmacy practice. Specific details are provided below.
You have been asked by your line manager to produce a handbook entitled ‘A Pharmacy Technicians Guide to Effective Communication’. Your line manager has provided a structure with some guidance for you to follow: – Front cover
– Content page
– Chapter 1: The Purpose of communication within Pharmacy You should produce a written description of the ten main purposes of communication within Pharmacy. For each purpose you should describe the reasoning for its importance and include an example / case study of when it is applied. The main purposes are listed as: (1) gaining consent; (2) involving others; (3) involving other professionals; (4)supporting others; (5) enabling others; (6) listening and understanding; (7) give information to individuals and other professionals; (8) advise on pharmacy related matters; (9) obtain information from individuals and other professionals and (10) adapt information for individuals and other professionals.
– Chapter 2: Communication and Responsibilities • Produce a short account that will collectively summarise the different responsibilities (legal, organisational and professional) of a registered Pharmacy Technician in relation to communication in pharmacy services. Please ensure that you include (a) one legal, (b) one organisational and (c) one professional responsibility.
– Chapter 3: The importance of effective communication • For this chapter you should assess likely impacts of effective communication across pharmacy organisations, ensuring that you include consideration of its impact. You may wish to include case studies or examples to support your assessment. Remember to draw a conclusion as to how important effective communication is for individuals, employees of the organisations and for the organisation.
– Chapter 4: What is motivational interviewing • For this chapter you will need to provide a basic description for each of the key principles of motivational interviewing.
– Chapter 5: Techniques for challenging situations • For this chapter you will need to explain at least four different techniques that can be used for managing challenging situations. Remember to give specific examples to support the points you make.
– Chapter 6 Environments for open and confidential discussions • For this section of your handbook, you should describe techniques / features which are employed within a pharmacy in order to provide a suitable environment for open and confidential discussions to take place.
– Chapter 7: Challenges to communication • For this chapter you should explain four different challenges to communication encountered within a pharmacy technician role. Remember to give examples or scenarios in order to support the points made.
– Chapter 8: Support and services available • For this final chapter you should describe at least three different sources of support / services available to enable which will enhance and improve communication within pharmacy. • Reference / Bibliography
Checklist of evidence required
Criteria covered by this task:
To achieve the criteria for this unit you must must complete ALL the questions, providing relevant and sufficient detail to satisfy the criteria required.
Unit 1 1.1 Describe the main purpose of communication with individuals in pharmacy services 1.2 Summarise responsibilities of a pharmacy technician in relation to communication in pharmacy services 1.3 Assess the importance of effective communication across organisations 1.4 Describe the basic principles of motivational interviewing 1.5 Explain techniques for managing challenging situations 1.6 Describe techniques for creating suitable environment for open and confidential discussion with the individual or third party 1.7 Explain the challenges to communication encountered within a pharmacy technician role 1.8 Describe the support and services available to enable individuals to communicate effectivel
Delays to submission will be considered on a case by case basis, requests for late submission must be placed 5 days before submission date. Evidence for the reason for delay will be requested by your assessor.
Harvard referencing technique
Via Fuse Classrooms
Marking and Feedback deadline
14 days after hand in deadline
Book appointments with your tutor via fuse classroom Fuse Classroom’s forum is available for learner discussions
Refer to the Woolwich college appeals procedure
Sources of Information
Textbooks Boarder M, Dixon J (et al) – Pharmacology for Pharmacy and the Health Sciences: A Patient-centred Approach, 2nd edition (Oxford University Press, 2016) ISBN 9780198728832 Mandelstam M – Safeguarding Adults and the Law: An A-Z of Law and Practice, 3rd edition (Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2019) ISBN 9781785922251 Thistlethwaite J, Mckimm J – Health Care Professionalism at a Glance (Wiley-Blackwell, 2015) ISBN 9781118756386
Journals Pharmaceutical Journal: https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/learning/learning-article/how-pharmacy-can-provide-patient-centred-care-for-dementia-patients/20203385.article
Websites https://www.health.org.uk/publications /person-centred-care-made-simple Health.org PCC made simple
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng5/ resources/implementation-casescenarios-487189693 NICE Case Studies
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER