FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
In the dynamic 21st century economy where mobility is often not only possible but also integral to a successful career, being able to work in an intercultural and diverse environment is essential. Organisations frequently need their people to develop their capacity to work effectively in diverse teams and resolve or diffuse conflicts and miscommunication quickly and efficiently.
The keys to your ability to work effectively in intercultural and diverse teams are the development of emotional intelligence and awareness of cultural differences. Emotional intelligence enables the ability to consciously examine group and team dynamics in real-time in order to facilitate effective individual and team performance.
This assessment aims to develop your understanding of how intercultural and diverse teams function, and how you can use this knowledge to help them develop into high performing teams.
The assessment requires the completion of an individual reflective report. You will analyze the expected strengths and weaknesses of your group, then as a group, you will choose, conduct and document a team-building activity. Each member of the group will then reflect on their own contribution to the group, and how this may be improved. Finally, each student will prepare an individual reflective report based on the experience.
It is expected that your report will:
• be written individually, but include some common elements with your teammates
• be presented in a business report format
• show evidence of research and application of concepts and theories
• demonstrate effective referencing skills (APA 6th ed. style)
Step 1: Team allocation and initial assessment (Individual)
Your learning facilitator will randomly assign you to a group. After that has occurred, each team member will write their own response to the two issues below (the response is included as part of your individual Reflective Report):
1. Using information about team members’ LPA, EI and Clifton Strengths to support your views, discuss why you think this group of students has the potential to form an effective workgroup.
2. Using information about team members’ LPA, EI and Clifton Strengths to support your views,
anticipate possible areas of weakness or conflict within the group.
Step 2: Team-Building (Group)
As a group, design or choose a 25-30 minute team building activity and explain in your report why you believe it will increase the effectiveness of the team (this part of your individual report will be common to all team members). Remember that this is a team-building activity – not a “getting to
know you” session. Then conduct the team-building activity as a group, documenting the experience using video/moving screen-capture technology such as a recorded zoom meeting.
Step 3: Analysis and Reflection (Individual)
You can now build on what you have written for your report as part of step 1 by analyzing the dynamics and roles you have observed within the team, discussing in your report how you believe they were influenced by team members’ LPA’s, Strengths Quest Talents, EI and cultural backgrounds. You should also use academic resources to support your ideas.
In your report, you should also reflect on what you have learned about your capacity to contribute effectively to a team and provide recommendations regarding how you could further improve your contribution to a team in your future professional practice.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER