FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
MODULE: Managing Operations and Supply Chain
Statistical Process Control
Purpose of the Assessment
This assignment is designed to enable you to demonstrate an understanding of the role of statistical process control in informing management decisions relating to quality.
You will conduct a review of the academic literature on the subject of statistical process control.
Following your review, you are to analyse a given set of data to evaluate the performance of a fictional tannery in a given scenario.
You will be expected to illustrate your discussion with examples from academic journals, the trade press and other authoritative sources.
1. Prepare a literature review on the subject of statistical process control, covering the concept from its inception up to the present day.
Ensure that you include references to at least 15 peer-reviewed articles, no more than ten years old. You may also find relevant reviews in the trade press and from other authoritative sources.
(50% of word count)
2. The supplied spreadsheet contains historic data recording the temperature of combined effluent discharged by a fictional tannery, Waterside Leather Limited (WLL) over the past four months.
The tannery’s discharges are normally controlled within the range 25oC to 35oC. The maximum permitted temperature is 40oC. Regular maintenance is performed on the balancing system (which neutralises the pH of the effluent at the expense of heating the discharge in the process) on a monthly basis.
Use the data to visualise the performance of the effluent control process, describing your analytical approach in detail. Include any graphs generated.
In your view, how well has the plant performed?
In your judgement, what priorities for quality improvements should the plant management set?
(50% of word count)
Table of contents need to be more detailed.
Citation can be added to the introduction.
An Executive Summary and a proper conclusion are required.
The quality of your presentation and academic referencing is very important. Please, use the Harvard Referencing System. Not less than 15 no. of references.
Within your assignment your tutor will be looking for content that addresses the key elements of the assignment brief.
Try not to overcomplicate your answers. Keep to simple processes that you know well.
Look at the Check list at the end of this brief. It shows the subheadings to use and offers a guide as to how the marks will be distributed.
Use the percentages as a guide to how to distribute your word count.
ASS’T 1 “Report Content Checklist”
STUDENT NAME AND REPORT FRONT SHEET:
LITERATURE SEARCH (50%)
– Prepare a literature review on the subject of statistical process control.
ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION (50%)
– Use the data to visualise the performance of the effluent control process
• Describe your analytical approach in detail.
• Include any graphs generated.
• How well has the plant performed?
• What priorities for quality improvements should the plant management set?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER